Electrical Energy Excursion
Cycle: summer term
The electrical energy excursion is canceled in year 2020.
Within the scope of the excursion electrical engineer students should have the possibility to improve their knowledge about electrical energy systems. The excursion is organized by the electrical energy departments of the Technische Universität Darmstadt and has annually changed destinations. Therefore, the main focus lies on the production, conversion and the consumption of electrical energy. To offer the students an overview of the different processes and available solutions for different technical problems, various manufacturers, power stations or electrical control gears are visited.
Besides the technical aspects the excursion also enables students to visited possible employers in the energy industry.
Simultaneously, the excursion should improve the contact between the students and the different electrical energy departments, because the professors of the institutes as well as some research associates will also participate.
Information flyer (only available in German)
07. May (Sunday!): Departure from TU Darmstadt
Meeting point: 08:00 a.m. at the high voltage laboratories
- Stopover in: Regensburg, city sightseeing tour
Two overnight stays in Linz
08. & 09. May Linz and surroundings:
- Verbund power station: run-of-river power station, control room and switchgear
- Voestalpine: Energy supply for the steel production
- Andritz Hydro: Test facility
Journey to Prag with two overnight stays
10. & 11. May Prag and surroundings:
- ŠKODA: Manufacturing process of cars, factory tour
- ČEPS: Electricity network operator
- CTU Prague: Technical university of Prague, HIgh-voltage Laboratories
- Pilsner Urquell brewery: Production of beer
Journey to Nürnberg with an overnight stay
12. May: Nürnberg and surroundings
- Baumüller: Drive systems and components, factory tour
Expected arrival in Darmstadt 6:00 p.m.
The excursion is supported by the TU Darmstadt as well as companies. Nevertheless, every participating student has to pay 175 € per student. The price includes the expenses for overnight accommodation and breakfast, travel expenses and partially the expenses for lunch.
Excessive money will be payed back to the students after the excursion!
The registration is closed and the maximum number of participants has already reached. The next excursion will be organized in the summer term 2018.